AMERICAN BUSINESS MEDIA NAMES
NEW BOARD OF DIRECTORS & OFFICERS
AMELIA ISLAND, FL, May 5, 2009 - Almost 200 business American Business Media has named several new board members and selected the 2009-2010 board of directors to serve during its 103rd year, as voted in during the Annual Conference. The following board members will serve as officers for the 2009/2010 Association year, beginning July 1:
• Chair: Peggy Walker, President/COO, Vance Publishing Corp.
• Vice Chair: Charles McCurdy, Chair/CEO, Canon Communications LLC
• Secretary: Jeffrey Lapin, President, Farm Progress Companies
• Treasurer: Bill Pollak, CEO, Incisive Media North America
• Past Chair: Gary T. Fitzgerald, Chair/CEO, Meister Media Worldwide
ABM welcomes its new board members for the 2009/2010 year, voted in during Annual Conference, May 2009:
• James Casella, President/CEO, Asset International
• Glenn Goldberg, President, Information & Media, The McGraw-Hill Companies
• Rex Hammock, President, Hammock Publishing, Inc.
• Michael Hansen, CEO, Elsevier Health Sciences
• Joseph Loggia, CEO, Advanstar Inc.
• Sharon Rowlands, CEO, Penton Media
These new members join the following board members:
• Frank Anton, CEO, Hanley Wood, LLC
• Bob Biolchini, President/CEO, PennWell Corporation
• Bob Carrigan, CEO, IDG Communications
• Greg Farrar, President, Nielsen Business Media, Inc.
• Gary Fitzgerald, Chairman/CEO, Meister Media Worldwide
• Roger Friedman, President, Lebhar-Friedman, Inc.
• Jeffrey Lapin, President, Farm Progress Companies
• Vicki Masseria, President/CEO, Ascend Media
• Charles McCurdy, Chair/CEO, Canon Communications LLC
• Marion Minor, President/CEO, M2Media360
• Bill Morrow, EVP, Operations, Crain Communications Inc.
• Bill Pollak, CEO, Incisive Media North America
• F. Michael Reilly, President/CEO, Randall-Reilly Publishing
• Sam Sebastian, Director, B-to-B & Local Markets, Google, Inc.
• Tad Smith, CEO, Reed Business Information
• Jim Spanfeller, President/CEO, Forbes.com
• Anthea Stratigos, CEO, Outsell Inc.
• Neal Vitale, CEO, 1105 Media, Inc.
• Peggy Walker, President/COO, Vance Publishing Corp.
About American Business Media:
Founded in 1906, American Business Media is the association of business information companies, delivering business intelligence to industry professionals worldwide, including Madison Avenue, Wall Street and the Beltway. Its 300-plus member companies reach an audience of more than 100 million professionals and represent nearly 6,000 print and online titles and over 1,000 trade shows, with well over $33 billion in annual revenues.
American Business Media